Are you interested in buying a home security camera but have no idea what to buy?
We all strive to feel safe in our home. Unfortunately, according to statistics, homes are broken into each day, and most homes are violated while the family is on vacation, or away from their home. I always feel it’s better to be prepared than wishing you would have bought a security camera before something happened.
The best part of home security is that the cost of a security camera or camera system has really come down in price. Usually, you can have a couple of cameras in your home for under $200. Beyond just added security, there are numerous benefits to adding a home security camera to your home. By having these wireless cameras in your home can bring an added piece of mind. Especially, if you have pets that you would like to check in on. It’s nice being on vacation and being able to take a quick look around the house to make sure everything is safe and sound.
The main thing you want to do when searching for home security is to find the right system for you. You don’t want to spend money on a variety of features you are never going to use. I recommend making a quick list of what features are most important to you.
- Outdoor Camera vs. Indoor Camera
- Doorbell camera
- DVR to Record
- Number of Rooms to be monitored
In addition, I recommend checking out one of the lists I’ve created to see what some of the top-selling wireless cameras are. Then, read the reviews and see what others liked or didn’t like.
Quick Links to our Top 5 Lists
- A List of the Top Home Security Cameras
- A List of the Top Home Security Camera Systems
- Best Wireless Doorbell Security Camera Systems
- The Best Wireless Camera Security Systems with a DVR
- The Top Outdoor WIFI Security Cameras
9 Surprising Home Security Facts
Our Top 3 Recommended Home Security Cameras
- DON'T MISS A THING WITH NEST ALERTS: Whether the kids just came home from school or the dog has decided to eat those new pillows you just bought; the Nest Cam sees it all! Get alerts through your Nest App whenever the camera detects movement and activity. And the coolest part is that the Nest Cam can tell the difference between movement from say a hand getting into a cookie jar, and a person entering a room. Person Alerts and Activity Alerts can help keep your home safe even if you aren't there.
- BE HEARD WITH NEST: Nest Cam Indoor has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what's happening at home. Or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- SET IT UP ANYWHERE: The compact size of the Nest Cam makes installation a breeze. Nest Cam Indoor's stand works in all kinds of homes, on all types of surfaces. Set it down on something flat, like a table or shelf. The Nest Cam has a built-in magnet so you can stick it to something metallic. Use the removable wall plate to attach Nest Cam to a wall. Or you can unscrew the camera from the base and attach it to any standard tripod mount.
- WORKS WITH NEST: Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency; your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE A NEST HOME: We love home. It's the best place in the world. But not everything inside our homes is lovable. Some things beep at us; fail without warning; keep us in the dark. There are things we've learned to ignore. We think these things should do more. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That's how we're creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
- 100% Wireless Camera - Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- 1080p HD Wireless security camera system with night vision - High quality video with sharper and brighter details. Night Vision turns on automatically in low light so you can see clearly, even in the dark
- Flexible Powering Options - Use wire-free, plugged in. Rechargeable battery.
- Weatherproof - Arlo Pro cameras are weatherproof so you can place them indoor or outdoor
- 7 Days of Free Cloud Recordings - Arlo Pro comes with recurring 7-day free cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
- EXPERIENCE ULTRA HD & DUAL BAND - Observe high-quality footage on this dual band 5ghz/2.4ghz WiFi security camera with the latest Sony image sensor, Ambarella chipset and UltraHD 3MP resolution (2304x1296p). A wide 90° viewing angle allows you to see more detail and cover more ground to keep more of what you love safe.
- SMARTER, SAFER SECURITY - Utilize intelligent alerts that send notifications to your computer or smartphone via the Amcrest View app. This wireless camera records events as soon as they happen and stores them on an Amcrest NVR, Synology/QNAP/WD NAS, FTP, Blue Iris or Amcrest Cloud.
- ALWAYS RELIABLE - With pan tilt, digital zoom, and IR night-vision up to 32 feet, you can keep the people and places you love safe 24/7. Communicate using two way audio with the built-in speaker and microphone to talk to your children, pets or potentially scare off a burglar. Always stay in the know by recording at specific times based on your preference.
- FIND SOLACE IN THE CLOUD - Amcrest Cloud was created to ensure that you don't miss a thing, no matter where you are. With an intuitive interface, your WiFi camera is able to live-stream your footage and enable you to play it back from anywhere.
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. - At Amcrest, we want to ensure the safety of our customers, their loved ones, homes, and businesses. This wireless IP camera features secure HTTPS/SSL and WPA2/AES encryption. You'll also receive a full 1-year US Warranty and Lifetime Support provided directly from Amcrest with every wireless security camera.